Well this was a pleasant surprise to wake up to – I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award!
This is the first I’ve heard of it, I’m new to the blogging world so I think it’s pretty cool – all of you who are old hands are probably sick of the sight of it. The aim is to nominate bloggers who are just starting out or who have a small following to help them get noticed for their super awesome awesomeness that is yet to be discovered by the masses.
It’s also just really sweet that someone thought my blog was interesting enough to be mentioned, so I’d like to give a big thanks to The Glittery Girl for nominating me!
From what I understand I need to do a few things, the first is to answer 11 questions my nominator gave me:
1. what made you want to start a blog?
I’ve been wanting to for a long time and when 2013 ended I realised I was having all these amazing experiences and thought it would be a good way to document and share them.
2. what inspired you to choose the name of your blog?
Well my full name is Maddison, most people shorten it to Mad. I can be a little mad sometimes so it stemmed from there.
3. how tall are you?
I’m 5 ft 2 inches
4. describe your life in one word!
5. whats is the thing you always take with you?
Of clothes? I’m not huge on big labels, I’m happy with good old Topshop
7.which city you always wanted to go?
8.Who is your favorite youtuber?
Charles and Ali Trippy – CTFxC
9. what is your dream job?
Thankfully it’s what I’m doing now – facilitating arts workshop with young people.
10.what is the thing you want to change in the world?
Homelessness (sorry for the pageant answer but it really does kill me)
11.if you could scream and let the world hear you , what would you say?
BRING ME CHINESE FOOD
My next task as part of this is to write 11 facts about myself. I wonder what the significance of the number 11 is? Anyone know? Here goes:
1. I’m an undergraduate philosophy student.
2. I’m a hiphop/ street dancer.
3. I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth, like I can happily eat nutella from the jar with a spoon.
4. I’ve had 8 piercings. All of them in my ears, two of them have now been retired.
5. I’ve been on TV 3 times (I’m practically a star).
6. I have an unhealthy addiction to youtube cooking videos.
7. I’m a born and bred London lass.
8. I’m pretty good at impressions.
9. I’m going to Amsterdam in June (look forward to that blog post amigos!)
10. When I was little I wanted to be a Marine Biologist
11. ….Then I grew up to realise I wasn’t smart enough to do A-Level Biology
Now I have to nominate 11 small bloggers for the award – honestly I don’t even know how you find out how many followers people have so I’m just going to nominate a few that I think are really interesting:
The questions I’d like to ask are:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What inspires you to write?
3. What is the most memorable place you’ve visited?
4. What dish makes you think of home?
5. What are your hobbies besides blogging?
6. If you could give any advice to yourself from 5 years ago, what would it be?
7. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
8. What’s the most embarrassing thing that happened to you at school? (Don’t be shy, we’re all friends here)
9. Do you have any siblings? If so how many?
10. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
11. What advise would you give to anyone who is thinking about starting a blog?
This was actually pretty fun, I think it’s a great idea to help new bloggers get some attention so I hope my nominees join in. Even if they decide not to definitely follow them they’re super interesting!
Thanks guys speak soon